Sunday, February 21, 2010

Character Animation



Here's a youtube link in case it doesn't work on here (I've had trouble seeing other students' animations on blogspot).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-XPo6XGcTs

Here's a little test animation for the rig I've been working on. I actually trashed the rig I had been working on for a week or so with the animation book I bought and created an entirely new one following the tutorials at blendercookie.com. If anyone is wondering, don't use "Introducing Character Animation With Blender" by Tony Mullen to rig your characters. The book is already a bit out of date, has a few inconsistencies that can throw you off track, and following a video tutorial is waaay faster, easier, and the one I watched used much better rigging techniques in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm still woking on my laptop and therefore very slowly. I couldn hardly see this animation until I rendered and exported it as a movie. It's not so bad though! It still lacks a facial rig, and I'd really like to add some Softbody to the nose and ears. That's the next step, I guess, but I think I'll take a short break to do some more texturing since that's not all done. Anyway, I guess I'll stop rambling. But this is my blog, isn't it? That's what it's for.

No comments:

Post a Comment