Thursday, January 14, 2010

Term 2 Project Progress


Here's the progress on the projects I've been working on so far this term. At the top we have my cartoon character, sans his big ears, eyes, and the back of his head. He looks pretty good I think, even without any subsurf on him. I plan to try animating him later this term, maybe some walk cycles or even a dance if I'm feeling ambitious (which I hope is the case).

Oh, I should mention I bought a book for myself about animation in Blender. As soon as I get some time and I'm ready to start animating, I plan to dive into that book and really learn the ins and outs of animation.

The second guy is the base mesh for my Special Problems project outside this class. I plan to add some more detail to his face, and obviously give him a lot of clothing, hair, props, etcetera. He
s gonna look sweet when I'm done, just wait. I've already got a pretty cool sword for him made at home.

I've also recently become very interested in this:

http://www.teamfortress.com/contribute/

I have a pretty sweet idea for a hat to submit for this. I'm gonna make it in the next few days... I would be ecstatic if it was actually used. I'm pretty sure I can make a high quality model like this! I even read this big PDF that Valve released on the art style for the game last night.

So, on to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment